Working for a small business is an opportunity to wear many hats and learn about all aspects of the business. While this position sits within the Research & Development Department, the ideal candidate will be extremely adaptable and comfortable taking on roles that relate to Quality Assurance, Finance, Regulatory Affairs, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, etc. This position will be split between laboratory and office responsibilities.
- Design and execute experiments with various primary immune cell types (e.g. NK cells, T cells, etc.) in alignment with management priorities.
- Coordinate sourcing of immune cells e.g. working with hospitals and blood banks to secure fresh donor samples, or establishing relationships with companies that bank biological material.
- Train and instruct junior scientists and lab technicians in experimental techniques. Assign lab responsibilities to junior staff.
- Act as technical lead on client calls and projects where scientific input is required e.g. initial client pitches, written proposals, technical support inquiries, etc.
- Write and review technical documentation including SOPs, product pages, and client reports.
- Write research grants and oversee external research collaborations. Effectively manage a research program between multiple project sites including technology transfer, planning, scheduling, invoicing, and reporting.
- Write effectively for scientific and non-scientific audiences including peer-reviewed publications, white papers, blog posts, press releases, marketing slide decks, and social media posts.
- Salary and title is commensurate with experience.
Work Experience Requirements
- Assertive team player with positive attitude and a sense of urgency to get things done. Must be a self- starter, able to work independently, willing to take initiative and demonstrate efficient and effective time management.
- Experience working with various primary immune cell types (e.g. NK cells, T cells, etc.)
- Experience in designing and executing complex flow cytometry panels for the evaluation of various immune cell types.
- Experience in designing pre-clinical animal safety studies.
- Working knowledge of cytokines and signaling pathways.
- Excellent conceptual, strategic, analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to interface effectively with all level of the organization. Strong communication skills with outside contract organizations, universities, and research institutions is required.
- Fully versed with Microsoft Office software suite and project management software (e.g. MS Project).
- Outstanding project management and coordination capabilities.
- Spanish language fluency a plus, but not required.
- Requires PhD Degree in immunology or related discipline.
- 1-2 years of experience (industry or postdoc) desired
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org